• American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) – provides training, internationally recognized certifications, comprehensive resources, and worldwide network of accomplished industry professionals
• Council Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) – is a worldwide professional association of supply chain management professionals.
• Dangerous Goods Advisory Council non-profit, educational organization dedicated to the promotion of the safe transportation of hazardous materials/dangerous goods
• DBM Association -- nonprofit educational forum dedicated to the global unification of universities and corporations for the purpose of studying and improving the science of distribution, logistics and supply chain management
• HAZMAT – Website designed to facilitate a greater understanding of the laws and regulations governing the shipment of hazardous materials and dangerous goods
• Institute for Supply Chain Management – professional supply chain management association
• Material Handling Industry of America - non-profit association representing the suppliers of material handing and logistics solutions
• National Retail Federation -- retail trade association
• The American Society of Transportation and Logistics (AST&L) – professional organization
• Voluntary Interindustry Commerce Standards (VICS) – association with objective is to improve trading partner relationships
• Warehouse Education and Research Council (WERC) -- professional organization focused exclusively on warehouse management
• Transportation Research Forum -- provides an impartial meeting ground for carriers, shippers, government officials, consultants, university researchers, suppliers, and others seeking an exchange of information and ideas related to both passenger and freight transportation.
• Advanced Transportation Technologies -- non-profit organization that works with the public and private sectors to develop advanced transportation technologies and foster companies that will help clean the air, lessen our dependence on foreign oil, reduce global warming, and create jobs.
• American Trucking Associations -- member-driven organization, is the national voice for the trucking industry before Capitol Hill, regulatory agencies, the courts and the media.
• Association of American Railroads -- c ommitted to keeping the railroads of North America safe, fast, efficient, clean, and technologically advanced.
• North American Rail Shippers Association -- umbrella organization that links five regional associations of rail owners, vendors and users in Canada, Mexico and the United States.
• The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) -- interrelated group of websites for AASHTO’s five freight transportation mode policy committees (Standing Committee on Rail, Standing Committee on Water, Standing Committee on Aviation, Subcommittee on Highway Transport, and Special Committee on Intermodal Transportation and Economic Expansion).
• Transportation Research Board -- to promote innovation and progress in transportation through research.
• Bureau of Transportation Statistics -- This resource has reports, labels, graphs on planes.
• Federal Railroad Administration -- purpose of FRA is to: promulgate and enforce rail safety regulations; administer railroad assistance programs; conduct research and development in support of improved railroad safety and national rail transportation policy; provide for the rehabilitation of Northeast Corridor rail passenger service; and consolidate government support of rail transportation activities.
• Federal Trade Commission -- issues that touch the economic lives of most Americans
• Federal Transit Administration -- Clearinghouse for FTA documents, and information on issues of mass transit and public transportation.
• Navy Sea Logistics Center-- serves as the Naval Sea Technical Agent for developing, maintaining, and assessing life-cycle logistics support policies, procedures, and data systems.
• National Institute of Standards and Technology -- a non-regulatory federal agency within the U.S. Commerce Department’s Technology Administration. NIST's mission is to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology in ways that enhance economic security and improve our quality of life.
• National Industrial Transportation League – assist shippers in their dealings with regulatory bodies.
• National Transportation Safety Board -- independent Federal agency charged by Congress with investigating every civil aviation accident in the United States and significant accidents in the other modes of transportation -- railroad, highway, marine and pipeline -- and issuing safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents.
• Pennsylvania Transportation Institute -- Multidisciplinary research institute that conducts innovative and relevant research directed toward current and future transportation needs.
• United States Department of Commerce – department to f oster, serve, and promote the Nation’s economic development and technological advancement.
• US Bureau of Industry & Security – Advance U.S. national security, foreign policy, and economic objectives by ensuring an effective export control and treaty compliance system and promoting continued U.S. strategic technology leadership.
• US Department of Transportation – works to provide fast, safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation system that meets our vital national interests and enhances the quality of life.
• Career Resources , professional executive job bank with employment opportunities in various fields of study. Check out the logistics opportunities, further logistics links, or submit your resume.
• IOMA's Business Management Supersite -- independent source of exclusive business management information for experienced senior and middle management professionals to help you improve on-the-job efficiency, and to enhance the financial performance of organizations.
• Logistics World -- Includes extensive organized and qualified link listings as well as relevant editorial content.
• Manufacturing.Net - provides information and services for manufacturing professionals, industry-specific news and research, economic reports, editorial content from well-known trade publications, marketplaces for books, industry standards, and much more.
• Modern Distribution management – newsletter for the wholesale distribution channel.
Copyright © 2005 Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
Contact the Webmaster