What we CAN do to help you.
When you access CAN, you are accessing our teams' connections to services all across the campus. In some instances there are administrative options that can be pursued through your department, Dean of Students, UIC Police, Counseling Center and/or other campus offices.
- Providing an escort around campus
- Changing parking assignments
- Rearranging class schedules
- Assistance with obtaining extensions and withdrawals from classes
- Help with financial aid
- Finding housing
- Student Judicial Hearings
- Administrative interventions for stalking and harassment
- Being a liaison with Campus Police
- Referrals to UIC Counseling Center
- Anonymous reporting of crime even if no further action is taken
Legal Options. The CAN team is trained to assist you if you wish to pursue legal options in criminal or civil court. While we are not lawyers, our advocates can explain your legal options and support you along the way by:
- Assisting with filing for an order of protection
- Preparing affidavits
- Explaining court procedures
- Going with you to court
- Helping you find a lawyer
- Acting as a liaison between you and your lawyer
- Going with you to the police station
Sometimes the services you need are not available on campus, or you may prefer to go off campus for support. The CAN team has a relationship with many resources in and around Chicago and can refer you to a place that best fits your need.