5-Week Course Schedule
Feb. 13 - Mar. 20
Apr. 3 - May 8
May 22 - June 26
July 10 - Aug. 14
Aug. 28 - Oct. 2
Oct. 16 - Nov. 20
$350 ($300 for UIC members and returning students)
Tuition includes all class materials.
The registration deadline
is one week before classes begin. Late registration is possible if space
permits. You can register for the course and pay your tuition on our secure website.
This course focuses on producing clear, error-free writing at the Intermediate to Advanced level. Instructors guide students through advanced grammar review, writing sample analysis, and development of effective self-editing techniques. Within the 5-week course schedule, students are able to work at their own pace and set their own deadline, with regular weekly feedback from the instructor.
In this course, students:
- Review formal grammar and punctuation rules
- Learn tools for identifying and addressing their own error patterns
- Submit assignments for both instructor and peer feedback
- Receive individualized instructor feedback throughout the course
By the end of the course, participating writers will be able to:
- Identify weaknesses in their own
and others’ writing
- Make fewer errors in advanced
- Use effective strategies for
proofreading and editing their own work
Not sure which course
you should take? Email Beata Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 312.996.8999.