Presentations and Public Speaking
course focuses on developing an effective public and
personal speaking style for American social,
business, and academic contexts. Students review essential pronunciation concepts and learn strategies for effectively communicating information and opinions. This course helps participants feel more comfortable and confident in social and public speaking situations.
During this course, you will:
- Learn strategies for effective personal, social, and
- Review and practice key pronunciation concepts essential
for effective communication
- Practice techniques for monitoring and controlling rate,
volume, tone and register
- Learn to organize and deliver complex information
- Practice and receive feedback on short and extended
presentations in a variety of American cultural contexts
- Build confidence in impromptu speaking situations
- Receive video and audio evaluations from experienced
instructors in small classes
6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
At our main office, 1333 S, Halsted
Feb 13 - April 3
12 - July 31
25 - Nov 13
($400 for UIC faculty, staff and students)
Tuition includes all class materials.
The registration deadline is one week before classes
begin. Late registration is possible if space permits. You
can register for the course and pay your tuition on our website:
registration and pay tuition
more information email Terrie Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call theTutorium office at 312.996.8098.
limit the class size, so register early.