Advanced Speaking Skills for Professonals
This course helps non-native speakers of English develop an effective public and personal speaking style for American social, business, and academic contexts. Students review essential pronunciation concepts and learn strategies for effectively communicating information and opinions. This course helps participants feel more comfortable and confident in social and public speaking situations.
During this course, students will:
- Review and practice key pronunciation concepts essential
for effective communication
- Practice techniques for monitoring and controlling speaking rate,
volume, tone and register
- Learn to organize and deliver complex information
- Practice both short and extended
presentations in a variety of American cultural contexts
- Build confidence in impromptu speaking situations
- Receive personalized feedback from an experienced
When and Where
6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
At our main office, 1333 S. Halsted
Sep. 24 - Nov. 12
($400 for UIC faculty, staff and students)
Tuition includes all class materials.
The registration deadline is one week before classes begin. Late registration is possible if there is space. We limit class size, so please register early.
more information email Terrie Byrne at email@example.com
or call 312.996.8999.