Public Speaking for Business
Fall 2013 (5 Weeks)
Oct. 21 - Nov. 18
Oct. 26 - Nov. 23
If you want to become more confident about speaking English in business settings, this course is for you. You will learn techniques for participating in meetings, negotiating with others, and giving effective presentations. Instruction is combined with guided role-playing and detailed instructor feedback to help you improve your skills. This course is designed for intermediate to advanced non-native speakers of English.
During this course, you will:
- Learn strategies for effective work-based communication.
- Practice techniques for monitoring and controlling speaking rate, volume, tone and register.
- Learn to organize and deliver complex information.
- Practice and receive feedback on short and extended role plays and presentations in a business context.
- Build confidence in impromptu business speaking situations.
- Receive video and audio evaluations from experienced instructors in small classes.
When and Where
6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Oct. 21 to Nov. 18 (5 weeks)
At our main office, 1333 S. Halsted St., Chicago
10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Oct. 26 to Nov. 23 (5 weeks)
In Addams Hall, on UIC South Campus
$300 ($280 for returning students and UIC community)
Tuition includes all class materials.
The registration deadline is one week before classes begin. Late registration is possible if space permits. You can register for the course and pay your tuition on our Web site:
Complete registration and pay tuition on paytie.com
For more information, e-mail Terrie Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call theTutorium office at (312) 996-8999.
We limit the class size, so register early.