Speaking Skills for Business
Spring II, 2014 (5 Weeks)
Wednesday Section: 4/2 - 4/30
Saturday Section: 4/5 - 5/3
|Summer I, 2014 (5 Weeks)
Wednesday Section: 6/4 - 7/3
Saturday Section: 5/31 - 6/28
If you want to become more confident about speaking English in business settings, this course is for you. You will learn techniques for participating in meetings, negotiating with others, and giving effective presentations. Instruction is combined with guided role-playing and detailed instructor feedback to help you improve your skills. This course is designed for intermediate to advanced non-native speakers of English.
During this course, you will:
- Learn strategies for effective work-based communication.
- Practice techniques for monitoring and controlling speaking rate, volume, tone and register.
- Learn to organize and deliver complex information.
- Practice and receive feedback on short and extended role plays and presentations in a business context.
- Build confidence in impromptu business speaking situations.
- Receive video and audio evaluations from experienced instructors in small classes.
When and Where
6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
At our main office, 1333 S. Halsted St., Chicago
10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
In Addams Hall, on UIC South Campus
$300 ($280 for returning students and UIC community)
Tuition includes all class materials.
The registration deadline is one week before classes begin. Late registration is possible if there is space. We limit class size, so please register early.
For more information email Terrie Byrne at email@example.com or call 312.996.8999.