Waiving & Reinstating Coverage - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Already have health insurance coverage and do not need CampusCare, what should I do?
In order to waive out of the CampusCare program, proof of other comparable health insurance coverage (for example through a legal guardian, employer or spouse) must be submitted by completing a Waiver Form during the enrollment change period at the beginning of each semester. Read more about Fees and Dates.
2. Do I need to waive CampusCare coverage every semester?
No. All students with approved waivers do NOT need to submit a waiver form each semester. Waivers will remain in effect for the entire duration you are a registered student at the University. To re-enroll in CampusCare a Reinstatement Application Form must be submitted during the enrollment change period at the beginning of each semester. If you need to re-enroll after the enrollment change period, please contact a Student Service Representative at 312-996-4915 option 3. Read more about Fees and Dates.
3. After completing a CampusCare waiver form, when can I expect to receive credit on my student account?
Allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to your student tuition account. To access your student account please visit the UI-Integrate Self-Service site at: https://apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice/index.html and select 'Fees and Assessments Tab.'
4. How can I check to see if I have CampusCare coverage?
You can check by looking at your student tuition statement. If you were charged the CampusCare Health Insurance Fee then you have NOT waived out of CampusCare. You can access your student account through the https://apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice/index.html and select 'Fees and Assessments Tab.'
5. I have already waived out of CampusCare. If I lose my health insurance coverage, can I re-enroll into CampusCare?
Students who request reinstatement after the enrollment change period will become eligible for CampusCare benefits the date the request is received by the CampusCare Administration Office. No adjustments in the premium rate will be made. Please call 312-996-4915 Option 3.
6. I work at the University and plan on taking a class. I qualify for a waiver of my tuition. Does a tuition waiver automatically waive me out of the CampusCare program?
No. The Employee Tuition Waiver does not apply to the CampusCare Insurance Fee. All enrolled students are automatically assessed the CampusCare Insurance Fee regardless of employment status with the University. It is the employee's responsibility to submit the Waiver Form during the enrollment change period at the beginning of each semester. Read more about Fees and Dates.