Staff honored for service with Inspire Awards
Twelve employees were honored for their service and contributions to UIC at the Inspire Awards ceremony April 3.
The winners were selected based on nominations from the campus community.
In addition to the Inspire Award, Victoria Kolkebeck, academic skills specialist in the Academic Center for Excellence and African American Academic Network, was selected for the Luminary Award as UIC’s most inspirational employee.
Other Inspire Award winners are:
• Jonathan Art, associate professor of anatomy and cell biology
• Imelda Baker, department information supervisor, computer science
• Bette Bottoms, professor of psychology
• Mary Brown, clinical associate professor of finance
• Kevin Connolly, assistant director of business, College of Dentistry
• Chuck Cunningham, recruitment and admissions counselor, Office of Admissions and Records Administration
• Patricia Gomes, laboratory animal care specialist, College of Medicine at Peoria
• Sean Kennelly, assistant director of public administration
• Fernando Planas, associate director for recruitment, Office of Admissions and Records Administration
• Nicolas Popovich, professor and head of pharmacy administration
• Alicia Sines, assistant director of student and alumni programs, U of I Alumni Association.
The employee recognition program is coordinated by the committee responsible for the WOW Awards, which are presented monthly to campus employees for service to UIC.
For more information, contact email@example.com