President Michael Hogan and Chancellor Paula Allen-Meares peruse a display from the College of Medicine’s Graham Clinical Performance Center.
Photos: Roberta Dupuis-Devlin
President Michael Hogan and Chancellor Paula Allen-Meares were among 150 donors, alumni, students and staff who came to check out some of UIC's most innovative programs Friday at University of Illinois Foundation Day: UIC in 3D.
Colleges and campus units showcased their programs at the event in Student Center East, which included presentations by students in math, neuroscience, education, pharmacy, medicine, kinesiology, criminal justice, biological science and theater performance.
Nearly 150 university donors, students and employees attended the expo.
Programs highlighted included
• special collections and document presentations, Daley Library
• virtual reality training for surgery, College of Engineering
• distance learning technology and medicinal plant garden, College of Pharmacy
• Jane Addams Hull-House Museum's urban garden, College of Architecture and the Arts
• "Fit and Strong" exercise program for older adults, School of Public Health
• Language and Cultural Learning Center, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
• urban data visualization lab, College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs.
Below: Sidney Micek, president of the foundation, tries his hand at inserting an IV in one of the center's high-tech mannequins, below.
Photo: Roberta Dupuis-Devlin