Series puts university research, activities in spotlight
Rick Kittles, associate professor of hematology/ oncology, gives an overview of personalized medicine at a presentation to university trustees Nov. 17.
Photo: Roberta Dupuis-Devlin
UIC faculty and students from a range of disciplines got a chance to put their best foot forward at a Campus Insights presentation to the University of Illinois Board of Trustees before the recent board meeting.
The series, initiated by board chair Christopher Kennedy, gives each campus an annual opportunity to showcase research and activities.
With College of Medicine Dean Joseph Flaherty as emcee, researchers presenting short overviews of their research Nov. 17 included:
• Rick Kittles, associate professor of hematology/oncology, personalized medicine
• Nilda Flores-Gonzalez, associate professor of Latin American and Latino studies, youth, Latinos, identity and immigration
• Robert Bailey, professor of epidemiology and biostatistics and co-director center for AIDS research, male circumcision as HIV prevention
• Larry Danziger, executive director, Center for Advanced Design, Research and Exploration, CADRE programs and projects
• Yasen Peyankov, associate professor and head of theatre studies, performing arts education
Students Misha McCullough and Shama Patel talked about the student experience.