I am a female graduate student at the University of Illinois - Chicago. My current roommate decided to move back home so I am currently seeking a female roommate/live-in caregiver to move in I know after July 1. I live in a spacious 2 bedroom condo located steps away from the UIC campus. The room comes with a private bathroom and is priced at $550/month plus half of the utilities. Utilities include: Cable television, wireless Internet, gas, and electricity. Room is furnished, see details below. I use a wheelchair so potential roommates must be willing to assist me at least 10 hours per week with tasks of daily living (e. g. cooking, light cleaning, dressing, typing schoolwork, pet care etc.). Hours are flexible. We can come up with a weekly schedule that works for us both. No nursing experience or heavy lifting required. You will be compensated $11/hour for all hours worked. Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
* Be comfortable with pets and be willing to assist with pet care (I have a cat and will be acquiring a service dog in the future). Unfortunately, I'm unable to accept other animals into the apartment.
* Must have valid driver's license and be comfortable driving my wheelchair accessible minivan
* Availability to assist me during periodic out-of-town travel is preferred but not required (lodging and compensation for time worked will be provided during travel).
* Be a non-smoker
* Must be low-key, friendly, and responsible
* Prefer somebody who is a student but will consider applicants who are not
* Must be willing to accept an enhanced background check request
* Must speak fluent English and be proficient with computers
The Condo: pictures available via this link: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/roo/4485956215.htm
* Bedroom has large closet with carpet, and comes furnished with a dresser, double bed, bedside table, and bookshelf.
* Private bath
*In unit washer and dryer
* Hardwood floor in living area
* Granite countertops
* Stainless steel appliances
* Ceiling fans
* Cable T.V. (46" flat screen google TV in living area with Netflix bedroom has cable TV hookup)
* Wireless Internet
* Vaulted ceilings
* Balcony with a beautiful view of the skyline!
* Door person
* Free street parking nearby (garage parking may be able to be purchased from a third party)
* Main living area furnished
Please feel free to contact me ( Janie) if you are interested or need more information.
General public/Campus community/Students/Alumni/Prospective students
Roommate and Housing