Application deadline: December 13th, 2017
This position was developed as a collaboration between the UIC Educational Technology Lab (ETL) & the Center for Literacy FAmily STart Learning & Support Programs based out of the UIC College of Education. Please see the linked URL for more information about ETL and CFL FAST.
We are currently seeking a student for the Spring 2018 semester to help with the following tasks:
• Developing a WordPress website/manage and update website
• Responsible for maintaining communication as necessary (at least weekly) with CFL FAST sites as it pertains to website and social media content updates
• Windows server maintenance tasks; troubleshoot/fix network problems
• Installing and updating software
• Creating various content for the ETL Summer Camp 2018
• Other duties as assigned
Continuation on to future semesters will depend on performance during the spring semester and participation in the ETL Summer Camp.
This position carries a 50% appointment (20 hours per week). Graduate students will receive a monthly stipend plus a tuition and fee waiver. Undergraduate students will be paid on an hourly rate.
To be considered for the position, you must fulfill ALL of the requirements listed below.
1. UIC current Undergraduate or Graduate students.
2. For undergraduates, you must be registered for at least SIX (6) credit hours for Spring semester. For Graduate student, at least EIGHT (8) credit hours Summer registration is optional.
3. Have at least TWO (2) consecutive non-summer semesters left before graduation.
4. Not on any form of academic probation.
5. Have consecutive hours of work availability in your schedule.
6. Special consideration if you have awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) funds.
1. Have solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
2. 3+ years experience in WordPress Website Development required.
4. Experience in Windows Server 2012 / 2016 administration and maintenance (at the MCSA level) a MAJOR plus.
5. Need to be able to lift and move big, heavy equipment (maximum 75 lbs.)
6. Must be willing to travel to CFL FAST off-site locations located primarily in Chicago’s southwest & west side (non-negotiable). All sites are accessible via bus or train; those who use a vehicle can be reimbursed for mileage.
Attach your resume and Spring 2018 class schedule in PDF format.
Please submit resume and schedule to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: UIC CFL/ETL Student Position
We are a fun place to work!! Apply early!!!
2027 EPASW Education, Performing Arts and Social Work