Scientific Computing Core at Research Resources Center (RRC) has an opening available immediately for GRA position this summer and extending into Fall 2018 (tuition waiver for Fall semester and onwards).
- Fluent with Microsoft operating systems
- Fluent with Microsoft Office
- Experience with PC hardware, both upgrade and replacement is required
- Experience working with client and customer facing systems is highly desirable
- Must have some basic experience with Linux operating systems
- Basic understanding of networking
- Ability to problem solve in a heterogeneous environment
- Basic database skills (ability to perform MySQL queries)
- Strong communication and team work skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience on the command line
- Knowledge of basic shell scripting
- Experience with AD, file systems, backup systems
- VMware/Ovirt experience a plus
Computer Science students are encouraged to apply.
Availability to work through the summer and fall is a must to be considered for this position.
Please email your resumes to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' by March 13 2018 with subject line - 'GRA System Support position'.
CMW College of Medicine West
Campus community/Faculty/Staff/Students/Prospective students
Research Resources Center