Chancellor's Lecture and Event Series
- 30th Anniversary Symposium
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012
- The Atlantic Slave Trade Symposium and Exhibition
- October 4-6, 2012
Legacy of Slavery in the Atlantic World - Conference and Exhibit
Sponsored by the following UIC units: The Office of the Chancellor; the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; the Office of the Vice Provost of Undergraduate Affairs, the Institute for the Humanities; the Honors College, the Departments of Political Science, History, African American Studies, English, and the Program in International Relations.
- Chancellor's Lecture: "More Alike Than Not: Stories from Three Americans — Catholic, Jewish and Muslim"
- Thursday, October 25, 2012
11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
UIC Forum, Rooms DE
725 W. Roosevelt Road
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2012 UIC Urban Forum — "Metropolitan Resilience in a Time of Economic Turmoil"
- Thursday, December 6, 2012
UIC Forum, 725 W. Roosevelt
Co-Chairs for the 2012 Urban Forum: The Honorable Pat Quinn, Governor, The Honorable Rahm Emanuel, Mayor, The Honorable Toni Preckwinkle, President, Cook County
- Re-Thinking Soup -- "Behind the Kitchen Door
Sustainable Restaurants: Labor Practices, Working Conditions and Wages in American Restaurants, a conversation with Saru Jayaraman"
- Tuesday, March 5, 2013
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Residents Dining Hall, Jane Addams Hull-House Museum
- International Conference, Food Justice: Interdisciplinary Perspectives
- April 4-6 2013
Co-sponsored with Institute of Humanities and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Chancellor's Lecture: Why Health Disparities Matter
- M. Roy Wilson, Deputy Director of Strategic Scientific Planning and Program Coordination, National Institutes of Health
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
College of Medicine Research Building, Moss Auditorium
Light reception to follow
Larry R. Faulkner
The University of Texas at Austin
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
4:00 - 5:00 P.M.
Student Center West, Thompson Room
Secretary, Department of Agriculture,
Rural Development and Equity for Indigenous Communities
Government of Mexico City
Monday, April 22
12:00 - 1:00 P.M.
Latino Cultural Center, Lecture Center B2
Executive Director, United Nations World Food Programme
October 11, 2013
2:00 - 3:00 P.M.
Student Center East, Room 302
NOTE: Students may participate in the UIC Experience program by attending any event in the Chancellor's Lecture and Event Series. UIC Experience provides co-curricular opportunities that enhance students' learning and development. Learn more about UIC Experience
For information on accessibility or to request disability accommodations, please contact Judee Olechno at email@example.com or (312) 413-3350.
Having problems accessing this site? Contact Webmaster
© 2013 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois