The College's magazine, Affirmations, is published twice a year. Each issue highlights the work being done around a particular area of focus in the College. Affirmations is intended to illustrate the many ways in which the College is providing leadership for social change. The articles affirm the significance and relevance of the College's mission as faculty, staff, alumni, and students engage in collaborative teaching, research, and public service to make a difference in the community.
The impact of criminal justice policies and practices on families and communities.
- Examining Re-Entry Challenges Firsthand
- Faculty Help Shape Criminal Justice Policy
- Plight of Incarcerated Mothers Becomes Real Through Art
- College Influence Spans World Through Partnership with CURE
- U.S. Probation Officer Recalls College Education
The College's work with children and families.
- Supporting Children's "Silent Saviors" (Kinship Care)
- When Practice is Based on Evidence
- Achieving Permanency for Children
- Training More Effective Child Welfare Practitioners
- Getting to the Root of the Problem
- Children, Families Matter to College Alumnus
- Scholarship Keeps Students Focused
Promoting health justice, eliminating health disparities.
- Film Focuses on Care for Terminally Ill Prisoners
- Examining Perceptions of AIDS Physicians
- Battling Health Disparities with Healthy Food and Education
- Giving Elderly Services to Improve Health Care
- Helping AIDS Orphans in Africa
- Researcher Connects with Youth at Risk
The College's work in schools and with adolescents and youth.
- Institute Prepares Better School Social Workers
- School Social Workers Engage Entire Community
- Online Course Brings Students Flexibility
- Researcher Examines Foreclosure/Public Housing Stresses on Youth
- Examining the Mental Health of Young Offenders
- Alumnus Becomes Ally to Community Youth
The College's partnerships with grassroots community organizations.
- Community Building from the Bottom Up (in Ethiopia)
- Working with Clergy to Help Those in Need
- Putting Research into Practice: Research Initiative Pairs College and Community Center
- Partnership with Community Resource Center Changes Lives
- College Partners with Startup Foster Care Group
- Healing the 'Hood: Preventing Violence on Chicago's West Side