- Social Construction of Race
- Critical Service learning
- Youth Activism
- Principal Investigator "Positive youth development and social work education"
- Principal Investigator "Empowering youth to creatively address youth violence in Chicago school settings"
- Principal Investigator "Training Institute for School Social Work Professionals"
- School Social Work Practice
- Family Practice in Urban Communities
Ten year's experience providing:
- Therapeutic services to youth and families in an outpatient, and school settings;
- Supervising staff of mental health professionals;
- Managing a statewide training department for a child welfare agency.
Selected Recent Publications
McKay, C.(under review). Positive youth development and school capacity building. School Social Work Journal
McKay, C. (in press). The resilient community: Implications for out of school programming. Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal.
McKay, C. & Johnson, A. (2010). Service learning: an example of multilevel school social work practice. School Social Work Journal. 35 (1), 21-36.
McKay, C.(2010). Critical service learning: A school social work intervention. Children and Schools. 32, 5-13
McKay, C. (2010). Community education and critical race praxis: The power of voice. Journal of Educational Foundations. 24, 25-38.
McKay, C.(2008). A new consciousness toward leadership. Educational Gerontology, 34, 670-690.
Affiliations, Associations & Consultations
- National Association of Black Social Workers
- American Educational Research Association
- Society for Social Work and Research
- Council on Social Work Education
- School Social Work Association of America
- Illinois Association of School Social Workers
- National Association of Social Workers