Administrative Methods Research Core
Diana J. Wilkie, Phd, RN, FAAN
Karen Kavanaugh, PhD, RN, FAAN
Support Staff: Veronica Angulo, MS Project Coordinator
Technology Team: Shiping (Sam) Zong, PhD, Zhongsheng Zhao, PhD, Han Yan, MS
Services Provided by the Administrative Methods Research Core:
- Develop special programs to promote the interactions across investigator groups.
- Organize annual colloquia
- Coordinate forums related to growing the science of end of life
- Facilitate the development of investigator-initiated programs
- Facilitate planning and organizing a variety of activities including peer review of scholarly presentation and research forums
- Disseminate information about funding mechanisms related to vulnerable groups and health disparities, using email and the Website
- Expand the multiethnic resource base within the CRRVP-developed library.
- Link the information from advisory boards or groups in the form of written recruitment and retention guides for people facing the end-of-life transition.
- Facilitate the dissemination of end-of-life research findings to the scientific and clinical communities and to the general public.
- Facilitate development of symposia for presentation at scientific meetings focused on end-of-life research.
- Enhance successful publication of data-based manuscripts by providing senior or colleague mentors, think tanks, scientific reviews by faculty, and facilitating editorial services during manuscript development.
- Facilitate the translation into practice of research findings through the promotion of presentations and publications in venues suitable for and accessible to nursing clinicians in direct hospice and palliative care practice.
- Publicize results of the science performed by CEoLTR investigators/affiliates to the general public through local media, College Web site, Web-based public education documents, and a speakers’ bureau.