Urbana-Champaign Regional Program
408 S. Goodwin Ave
Urbana, IL 61801
Urbana-Champaign campus celebrated its 35th year in 2009 with more than 700 graduates. We are located on the
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus.
Our campus offers the following programs: BSN, Master’s, Doctor of Nursing Practice and supportive courses
for the PhD.
For the Undergraduate Student
BSN students at the Urbana site attend all classes in traditional classroom style on the Urbana campus. All four years of a bachelor degree may be completed on the Urbana campus with the student completing pre-nursing prerequisites as UIUC students and completing nursing degree as UIC students in the Urbana Regional Program. Students receive the same benefits and opportunities as all University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) students such as sporting events, art and music presentations and may participate in intramural activities and live in U of I housing, sororities or fraternities or apartments. Clinical sites are located in the surrounding communities. Transportation to clinical sites is the student’s responsibility.
For the Graduate Student
The following advanced practice specialties
are either offered or facilitated at the Urbana campus:
- Administrative Studies in Nursing
- Administrative Studies in Nursing/Master of Business Administration (Joint Degree)
- Administrative Studies in Nursing/Master of Health Informatics (Joint Degree)
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Community Health Nurse
- Advanced Community Health Nurse/Master of Public Health (Joint Degree)
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse-Midwifery/Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Health/Advanced Community Health Nurse
- Occupational Health/Family Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Perinatal Clinical Specialist
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- School/Advanced Community Health Nurse
- School/Family Nurse Practitioner
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
Most courses are a combination of on-line and video conferencing
instruction to or from other regions. Video conferencing brings
you classes live and supports interactive lectures. Students
can ask questions as they occur as if they were sitting in the
class fifty miles away.
Classes are offered Monday through Thursday and are scheduled
in the morning, afternoon, and evening hours. Clinical experiences
are provided at a broad array of facilities in the Urbana area
and are supervised by a variety of outstanding advanced clinicians.
Online RN to BSN Completion (for licensed registered nurses)
The Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program for RNs is an online program offered by the UIC College of Nursing through UIC Online. This degree provides students with an excellent foundation for a career in leadership in one of the fastest growing professions in the United States. Upon successful completion of all coursework, students will earn a fully accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the College of Nursing at the University of Illinois at Chicago. For more information regarding the BSN Degree Completion Program for RNs, please click here.
Click here to view the Urbana Summer 2012 Newsletter
For more information, please
contact us in Urbana (Map & directions).