Graduating Student Recognition Award
Established in 1996, this cash award is given in recognition of academic excellence and initiative in actively supporting the UIC College of Nursing. The award is customarily given at the May commencement.
- Must be nominated by faculty, staff, peers, self, or other nursing professional.
- Graduating student in the undergraduate or graduate program from the summer, fall, or spring classes.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in all work attempted.
- Recognition as outstanding by both peers and faculty.
- Active participation in college and campus activities.
- Involvement in community activities (health, political, religious, civic, volunteer, and service organizations).
- At least two (2) letters of support must accompany a nomination. Please have these letters forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org .
2012 Charles Yingling
2011 Rachel Gowler
2010 Sally Berko
2009 Hayedeh Sohrabi, Zareena Yasmeen
2008 Amy Cory, Ann Konkoly, Bridgette Williams
2007 Janel Smith
2006 Dana Goldberg, Drew Freeman, Laura Sweeny, Lora McCelland
2005 Johanna Delgado
2004 Mara Clark, Ashley Hruska, Mai Nyguyen & Amber Oberheim
2003 Stella Sabourin & Maura Capaul
2002 Candace Greer
2001 Autumn Schumacher, Lillian Ferrer & Nancy Gutierrez
2000 Joan Martalloto & Claudia Whitaker Hannon
1999 Elisa St. Pierre
1998 Fern Fitzhenry & Patricia Decker
1997 Judith McDevitt & Timothy Hudson
1996 Regina Shasha & Sarah Wittmeyer