Pilot Study Program
Pilot Study Funding Information
Please note that the CRRVP has completed the funding for Pilot Studies.
The Center for Reducing Risks in Vulnerable Populations (CRRVP) provides funding for 4 pilot studies a year. The aim of the CRRVP is to advance nursing science related to the understanding of reducing risks for vulnerable populations. Studies supported by the CRRVP will reduce disparity and promote healthy life styles for vulnerable populations. Studies will also elucidate underlying physiological and psychological mechanisms that contribute to symptoms, functional status, perceived health status, and quality of life; and/or test interventions to minimize symptoms, enhance functional status, perceived health status, and quality of life.
Vulnerable populations can be defined in terms of ethnic/racial minority, age (very young or older adult), and/or low socioeconomic status.
The pilot/feasibility study is intended to enable eligible investigators to explore the feasibility of a concept within a scientific area of inquiry and to amass sufficient data to pursue research through other funding mechanisms. From: RFA NR-04-002
Principal Investigator responsibilities after funding
- Meet with the Director or a Co-director of the Development & Dissemination Core for assistance with pilot study process, guidance & networking opportunities.
- Submit a one page Pilot Study Progress Report to Linda Graham by April 1 of each year until the study has been completed.
- Submit a Final Report with a summary of the results of the funded project at the end of the project. The summary should be no more than two pages in length and should include the investigator's future funding plans (please name funding sources) based on the results of the pilot study.
- Include citations of publications and presentations in reports.
- Complete an Annual Report questionnaire with presentations, publications and research submissions from the previous year.
- Donate data sets and copies of the supporting documentation from the completed study to the CRRVP DataBANK.
- Acknowledge pilot study funding in all publications and presentations.
Questions? Please contact either Julie Zerwic, 312-996-8431, email@example.com or Linda Graham, 312-413-3695, firstname.lastname@example.org.