- General Information
- International Scholars
- Primary Health Care
- WHO/PAHO Collaborating Centre For International Nursing Development In Primary Health Care
International Scholars: Special Studies Scholars
Special Studies Scholars/Students
- Special Studies Scholars/Students are generally well established, nursing leaders in their respective countries, and include college of nursing faculty, heads of governmental agencies, administrators of hospitals and other community-based health services. At times, students enrolled in international nursing and health programs have also participated in our scholars program.
- Most Scholars are funded (entirely or partially) by their employers or one of their governmental agencies.
- Most Scholars are proficient in reading and writing English but are not always proficient at conversing in English.
- Special Studies Scholars often have educational objectives while at the College of Nursing that are based on auditing classes and observing clinical experiences. When experiences are planned for these students, their English speaking ability is considered.