General Global Health Leadership Information
The College of Nursing has identified the following Global Health Leadership objectives:
- To enhance the abilities of nurses worldwide to advance Health for All (HFA) goals (Declaration of Alma Ata) both globally and in their home communities, and to advance the UN Millennium Development Goals.
- To provide educational experiences for nurses from countries outside the USA that enable them to develop sound, culturally sensitive nursing resources in their home countries.
- To provide opportunities for all students in the College of Nursing to acquire a global perspective on matters of health and nursing.
- To prepare nurses for interdisciplinary leadership in global health.
- To facilitate faculty international outreach and collaboration on professional matters of common interest, including research, service and educational programs.
- Support/prepare/guide faculty to function in a global health environment.