School Nurse Certificate Program
Be a Preceptor
What are the qualifications of a preceptor?
If you are interested in becoming a preceptor for school nurse
interns, you will need to meet the following qualifications:
- A bachelors degree in nursing.
- Recommendation to the UIC Board
of Executives as a candidate for adjunct clinical instructor
- At least two years of experience in the clinical speciality,
in this case school nursing.
- An Illinois State Board of Education
(ISBE) Type 73 Certificate.
- An interview with a member of the
School Nurse Advisory Board.
Download and complete the preceptor
pre-application form: PDF | Word