Goals of the Program
The long-term goal of this training program is to increase the pool of doctorally prepared minority faculties. Six specific aims are collectively designed to help master's students at De Paul University and Purdue University Calumet prepare for doctoral study at UIC CON by gaining appropriate scientific knowledge, research skills, and professional socialization. Specific aims of the program are to:
(1) Enroll 5 master's students yearly in UIC Bridges to the PhD;
(2) Provide coursework for master's students preparing for admission to UIC PhD program;
(3) Provide mentoring and administrative support for Bridges students in UIC PhD program;
(4) Strengthen research curricula and collaborative research among partner schools;
(5) Advance student knowledge of global leadership; and
(6) Demonstrate institutional change by increasing the numbers of minority students who complete PhD study.