Mary Kelly Mullane Award for Clinical Excellence
The Alpha Lambda Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau invites nominations for the Mary Kelly Mullane Award for Clinical Excellence, to be given at our annual Induction Ceremony to a nurse who exemplifies the goals of Sigma Theta Tau through clinical excellence.
Criteria for the Mary Kelly Mullane Award for Clinical Excellence include the following:
- Membership in Sigma Theta Tau
- Preference will be given to members of the Alpha Lambda Chapter, other qualifications being equal
- Evidence of accomplishment in as many of the following areas as possible:
- Provision of excellent nursing care
- Innovative practice
- Collaboration with other disciplines
- Outstanding contribution to patients/families/community
- Serves as role model
Use of nursing position to promote professional nursing practice in an outstanding manner
- Integration of research into own clinical practice
- Facilitation and participation in research
Publications/presentations related to clinical practice
- Submit a letter of nomination addressing the award criteria
- Attach the nominee's curriculum vita or resume
- Provide at least one letters of support ( two if person self nominates)
- All nomination material must be submitted together in a single envelope to Sue Boyer, College of Nursing, Room 812 or via email.
Deadline for applications is third Friday in September.
Criteria and Nomination Process (PDF)
The awardee will be recognized at the annual Induction Ceremony.