Undergraduate Student Award
The Alpha Lambda Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau will recognize one outstanding graduating undergraduate nursing student who exemplifies the goals of Sigma Theta Tau. A cash award will be presented to the student at the College of Nursing Convocation.
Criteria for the Undergraduate Student Merit Award include the following:
- Member of the Alpha Lambda Chapter of Sigma theta Tau or application accepted and approved for membership
- Evidence of beginning achievement/leadership, such as participation in College and university student activities, involvement in community activities, or participation in research
- Excellence in performance of clinical role as nursing student
- Grade point average that reflects high academic achievement
- Eligible to participate in Spring Convocation
All nomination material must be submitted together in a single envelope.
- Submit a nomination form addressing award criteria (by faculty or by student if self-nominating).
- Nominating letter of support addressing award criteria from self or faculty.
- Identify the person who will submit one additional letter of support (two if self-nominated).
- Examples are a letter from academic or research advisor, and/or a letter from undergraduate or graduate clinical faculty. We will contact them if you desire.
- A written statement by the student addressing the award criteria (length not to exceed two type-written pages).
- Documentation of all award criteria must be included.
All nomination material must be submitted to:
Sue G. Boyer, MN, RN
845 S Damen Ave. (M/C 802)
CON Rm 812
Chicago, IL 60612-7350
Questions? Email: email@example.com
The deadline for submission of nominations is first Friday in March.
Awardees will be notified by March 26th
Nomination Form (.doc)