Executive members of the firms that were located here received memberships
in the Central Manufacturing District Club, which acted as a sort of
chamber of commerce. Such an institution gave the business community here
a unity unheard of in other localities. According to the district's
publication, "The Central Manufacturing District Club has a membership
approximating 250, largely made up of representatives of the many firms in
the District. Here each noon these men meet for luncheon, enjoying an hour
of pleasant relaxation, entertaining guests and customers, and getting
acquainted with their neighbors."
The club also had a dining room. The club's facilities were located above the Central Manufacturing District Bank on Thirty-fifth street.
Source: Central Manufacturing District (1915), pp. 8, 34.
[ RETURN ]