The purpose of the Staff Advisory Council shall be:
- To represent the civil service employees to campus administration and to advise the Chancellor of the University of Illinois at Chicago in the formation and implementation of policies and procedures relating to civil service employees.
- To serve as the link between Campus Administration and the staff by providing a channel of communication between the Chancellor and other officers of University administration and the civil service employees of the campus.
- To study and make recommendations regarding campus conditions of employment, problems and needs either at the request of campus officers, at the request of civil service employees or upon its own initiative.
- To study and make recommendations regarding pertinent topics, upon request or upon its own initiative, to the campus Director of Personnel Services, the University Director of Personnel Services, the University Civil Service Advisory Committee to the Merit Board, to the Advisory Committee to the Statue Universities Retirement System, to Appropriate campus and university executives and officers, and to the duly elected representatives of the University Civil Service Advisory Committee to the Merit Board and the Advisory Committee to the State Universities Retirement System.
- To enhance campus life by sponsoring and organizing welfare and social activities (i.e. The Janice Watkins Award for Distinguished Civil Service, fund drives for the Eugertha Bates Scholarship Fund and the Staff Appreciation Award) by promoting increased cooperation and communication between the member of the university community, and by encouraging staff to participate in the unique benefits of employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- To receive, conserve, and expend funds comings under its jurisdiction to most effectively actualize the foregoing purposes.
Council Constitution Bylaws (Please note that Bylaws are currently being updated)