The Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women’s Health program is accepting applications for junior faculty scholars. The application deadline is June 14, 2013.
Please be aware of the following requirements when considering your application to the BIRCWH Program.
Eligible BIRCWH Scholar applicants will:
- Have a doctoral degree in a clinical or research discipline (e.g. MD, PharmD, DVM, DDS or PhD) and are engaged in women’s health research in such fields as nursing, medicine, pharmacy, social work, epidemiology, psychology, sociology, biostatistics.
- Have completed any postgraduate training normally expected for a faculty appointment in their field (including clinical or postdoctoral fellowship training or residency).
- Have no more than six years of research or research training experience beyond their last doctoral degree (excepting those who may have had a career hiatus due to family responsibilities or uniformed service).
- Have a full-time faculty appointment at UIC.
- Identify mentors with extensive women’s health research experience.
- Be US citizens or non-citizen nationals, or lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
- Be able to commit 75% of full-time professional effort in the BIRCWH program and its related research activities.
Those who are ineligible include:
- Individuals who are or have been a Principal Investigator on mentored career development grants (K-series) or who have had substantial independent funding (e.g., R01, P01, P50) or other equivalent research grant awards.
- Non-U.S. citizens or individuals on temporary or student visas.
The leadership of the BIRCWH Program strongly encourages individuals from all health disciplines and backgrounds to apply.
The BIRCWH Program is an NIH funded K-12 institutional training grant and structured mentoring program for junior faculty members who conduct women’s health or sex/gender-based research. The overall goal of the UIC BIRCWH program is to train a cadre of researchers to advance women’s health and sex/gender-based science.
For additional information regarding women’s health, please visit:
Office of Research on Women’s Health
National Institutes of Health
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Please forward application materials by
Friday, June 14, 2013.
Please contact us if you require additional time to apply.
Please send application to:
Center for Research on Women and Gender (M/C 980)
1640 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Chicago, IL 60608