Our faculty members transcend the boundaries of their individual fields in basic, applied, translational and clinical sciences to enter multi-disciplinary research collaborations.
Through multi-disciplinary research collaborations, our faculty researchers race to discover new drugs for conditions such as cancer and Alzheimer's disease as well deadly infectious diseases.
On the clinical side, researchers in the College continuously create new models of pharmacy practice and publish their findings to advance scholarly understanding in that area.
The College of Pharmacy houses seven specialized research centers and institutes that often serve as hubs for these and other types of cooperative investigations in the laboratory and in the clinic.
Centers & Institutes
- Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Center for Pharmacoeconomic Research
- Drug Information Center
- UIC/NIH Center for Botanical Dietary Supplement Research in Women's Health
- WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine
- Institute for Tuberculosis Research
- Program for Collaborative Research in the Pharmaceutical Sciences