Graduate Program Alumni and Thesis Titles
• James Duhing, Ph.D., “Medication guide comprehension and health literacy”
• Zenobia Dotiwala, M.S., “Seasonal variation in international normalized ratio among venous thromboembolism patients on warfarin”
• Xiaochan Luo, M.S., “Estimation of efficiency with the US population median-based EQ-5D index: findings from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey”
• Sapna Rao, M.S., “Utilization of oral anti-diabetic medications: examining adherence to clinical guidelines”
• Yoojung Yang, Pharm.D., M.S., “Guideline-concordant policies and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus prevalence in US Hospitals”
• Yash Jalundhwala, M.S., “Logical inconsistencies as a criterion for selecting health states in EQ-5D valuation studies”
• Maria Charisse De Leon Santos, M.S., “Health insurance and treatment use in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder”
• Xiaoqing (Frank) Liu, Ph.D., “The impact of Medicare Part D on healthcare utilization and health of the Medicare beneficiaries”
• Caitlyn T. Wilke, Ph.D., “Challenges and consequences of medication exposure definitions in comparative effectiveness research”
• Alexandra Perez, Pharm.D., M.S., “Cost and effectiveness analysis of rate versus rhythm control of atrial fibrillation in heart failure”
• Xue Grace Chiou, M.S., “Utilization trends in off-label anticonvulsant drug use in the United States, 1994 to 2004”
• Shengsheng Yu, M.S., “Determinants of cardio-protective dietary supplement use in the U.S. Population: 1999-2004”
• Meghana Aruru, Ph.D., “Health communication and functional health literacy – impact on Medicare beneficiaries”
• Todd Chermak, Ph.D., “Effect of package label characteristics on pharmacists' visual perception of drug names”
• Hsiang-Wen (Margaret) Lin, Ph.D., “Pharmacists’ knowledge, attitudes, self-efficacy, and counseling on herbs and dietary supplements”
• Daniela L. Motta, M.S., “Perceptions and attitudes of key stakeholders on the Brazilian National STD/AIDS Program”
• Caitlyn Wilke, M.S., “Comparison of utility weighted and unweighted HRQL measures: an empirical study”
• Eunmi Jung, M.S., “Medication use and adherence prior to death in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease”
• Xiaoyan (Charlene) Ying, M.S., “Risk factors associated with adverse drug events among a high risk outpatient population”
• Zhixiao (Jason) Wang, Ph.D., “Medication adherence and its impact on health care utilization in veterans with Type II diabetes”
• Hongjun Yin, Ph.D., "The effects of physical functioning on self-rated health in the elderly -- a longitudinal analysis”
• Nasreen Khan, Ph.D., “Prescription drug insurance and its effect on utilization and health of the elderly”
• Hiang Kiat (Jason) Tan, M.S., “Comparing exhaustive Chi-square Automatic Interaction Detector (CHAID) and logistic regression models in explaining the prescribing of antidepressants”
• Shih-Ying (Audrey) Hung, M.S., "Impact of caregiver depression and pain on proxy assessed Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQL) after stroke"
• Sengwee (Darren) Toh, M.S., "Analysis of published case reports of drug name confusion”
• Qian (Cassie) Cai, M.S., "Time to permanent nursing home admissions among an aging population in the United States"
• Mehul R. Dalal, Ph.D., "Impact of depression on functional disability and out-of-pocket medical expenditures in the elderly”
• Terrence R. Jackson, Pharm.D., Ph.D., "Design and validation of an objective structured clinical examination for pharmacy students delivering nonprescription medicines care”
• Vinit Nair, M.S., “Estimation of hepatotoxic drug use and outcomes in managed care as a medication error reduction strategy”
• Bhakti Arondekar, Ph.D., "Resource utilization and cost of care in post-MI patients with and without heart failure"
• Chaitanya Sarawate, M.S., “Economic impact of postoperative ileus in abdominal surgical procedures”
• Yo (Nancy) Ko, M.S., "Functional health literacy among Chinese population in Chicago: a preliminary study"
• Charisse Johnson, Pharm.D., M.S., "The geographic distribution of community-based pharmacy clerkship sites in the Chicago metropolitan area"
• Ken-Yu Chang, Ph.D., "Effects of social inequality on stage at diagnosis of colorectal cancer in Illinois"
• Hema N. Viswanathan, M.S., “Management of hypertension from the patient’s perspective”
• Catherine Leventis, M.S., “Analysis of structure-function Claims of herbal products”
• Vishweshwar Shetty, M.S., "Psychometric properties of the health status measurement instrument in the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey”
• Theresa M. Steward, M.S., “Disease state management programs: pharmaceutical executives’ opinions, attitudes and beliefs”
• Sudhir Sunagale, M.S., “Understanding the hospitalization cost of sepsis: differences in the length of stay, mortality and hospitalization costs between gram-positive and gram-negative sepsis”
• Mehul Dalal, M.S., “Determinants of patient satisfaction with asthma care at an outpatient clinic”
• Eskinder Tafesse, Ph.D., “Factors affecting medical outcomes of rehabilitation among stroke patients"
• Swu-Jane Lin, Ph.D., “Diffusion of healthcare technology: adoption of fentanyl patch by physicians in Illinois”
• John W. Maxwell, M.S., “An evaluation of prescription keeping software”
• Sanjay K. Gandhi, Ph.D., “SF-12 in arthritis clinical trials: psychometric evaluation and development of arthritis specific health indices and scores”
• Gina S. Gilomen-Study, Pharm.D.,Ph.D., “Predicting managed care prescribing using the Theory of Reasoned Action and the Theory of Planned Behavior”
• Margaret C. Wright, Ph.D., “Correlates of sentinel events in children with asthma in the Medicaid population in Cook County”
• Yudan Luo, M.S., “Strategic analysis of Zantac and Tagamet print advertising in a dynamic market”
• Li-Chiun (Daphne) Hsiao, Ph.D., “Drug cost sharing and willingness to pay for prescribed medication purchase among HMO diabetic enrollees”
• Seema Dedhiya, M.S., “Meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials of interferon-beta in the treatment of multiple sclerosis”
• Ulrike Wigger, Ph.D., “Medical students and primary care physicians opinions and concerns on the use of information technology”
• Jeanne L. Gillespie, Pharm.D., M.S., "Physicians' evaluations of pharmacists drug allergy intervention messages"
• Andrea L. Taylor, M.S., “A comparative study of multiple formulary systems in an integrated healthcare delivery system”
• Musadik Malik, Ph.D., “The effects of complexity and accountability on prescribing decision-making”
• Greg T. Biedron, M.S., "Pharmacist, nurse and physician perspectives of the drug use process"
• Dalia R. Musonis, M.S., "Hospital pharmacists' role ambiguity, role conflict and job satisfaction"
• Michael E. Sliwoski, M.S., "The role of the community pharmacist in diabetes management”
• Satish Srinivasan, M.S., "Compliance in pharmacist-physician interactions in healthcare delivery"
• Jane Symon, M.S., "Factors affecting the role of the nutritional support pharmacist"
• Robert J. Valuck, Ph.D., "The effect of regulatory controls on the quality of psychoactive drug prescribing"
• Musadik M. Malik, M.S., "The effects of cognitive and affective framing on prescribing decisions"
• Gregory Zaborniak, M.S., "A gap analysis of the buyer provider dyad: pharmacists-drug wholesaler personnel"
• Sybil N.E. Seoka, Ph.D., "Project selection in pharmaceutical research and development, and new product market performance”
• Robert Valuck, M.S., "Macro-level screening criteria to identify suboptimal prescribers of controlled substances"
• Ulrike Wigger, M.S., "Use of Q-technique in pharmacy student selection"
• Bartholemew E. Clark, M.S., "Manager and pharmacist employee perception of the pharmacist's professional and organizational roles in large pharmacy organizations"
• H. Christian Johnson, M.S., "Perceptions of pharmacy practice by students and faculty"
• Su-Yu Chien, M.S., "Attitudes of health science students toward drug dispensing by physicians"
• Gary Baker, M.S., "Work activity analysis: A pre- and post-computerization comparison"
• Janet Martin, M.S., "A case study of the effect of generics and new chemical entities on prescription cost of goods sold"
• Mark Pilkington, M.S., "Illinois pharmacists' judgments concerning the likelihood of selecting alternative drug therapies"
• Sybil N.E. Seoka, M.S., "Drug interactions among the non-institutionalized elderly population"
• Carmen Catizone, M.S., "Historical analysis of the accession of the Chicago College of Pharmacy by the University of Illinois in 1896"
• Carl Bennett, M.S., "An analysis of perceptions of leadership behavior and effectiveness of hospital pharmacy directors"
• Steven Smith, M.S., "Investigation of turnover of hospital pharmacists"
• Frank Kokaisl, M.S., "Reported and perceived levels of compliance with U.S. Supreme Court's standards for outpatient dispensing"
• Mary Kroeger Macnider, M.S., "Hospital pharmaceutical group purchasing -- an analysis of its advantages and disadvantages"
• Ronald Gottrich, M.S., "Pharmacists' and physicians' perceptions of drug product selection in Illinois: one year post inception"
• John Machowiak, M.S., "A sociodemographic analysis of patients' expectations and satisfaction with traditional and clinical pharmacy services in a rural community"
• Paul Klinger, M.S., "An investigation of selected aspects of bid purchasing of antibiotics in hospital pharmacy"
• David Wegman, M.S., "Evaluation of pharmacy services in state and federal correctional facilities: development of standards"
• Diane J. Fisher, M.S., "Physicians' perception of pharmacists as drug information consultants: application of Fishbein's model"