|Isaac H. S. Cha, PharmD, BCPS|
Clinical Assistant Professor
Pharmacy Practice, Family and Community
Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
|Office||1601 Parkview Avenue Room N206|
|US Mail||University Primary Care Clinic, 405 Charles Avenue, Mt. Morris, IL 61054|
Dr. Cha's areas of interest/practice include primary care, geriatrics and mood disorders.
|May '04-Sep '06||Research Fellowship in Family Medicine University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford (UICOM-R), Rockford, IL|
|June '00||Primary Care Specialty Residency University of Illinois College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL|
|Dec '98||Doctor of Pharmacy [with Highest Distinction] University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS|
|Apr '90||Bachelor of Science in Human Biology University of Toronto (Trinity College), Toronto, ONT|
|Current UIC Appointments|
|'00 to present||Clinical Assistant Professor,|
Dept. of Pharmacy Practice, Dept. of Family and Community Medicine,
& Dept. of Biomedical Sciences, University of Illinois
|'07-present||Co-Director for M2 Medical Pharmacology Course,|
Dept. of Biomedical Sciences,
UIC-College of Medicine at Rockford
- Lutfiyya MN, Lipsky M, Bales RW, Cha I, McGrath C. Disparities in Knowledge of Heart Attack and Stroke Symptoms Among US Adult Men: An Analysis of Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey Data Spanning 2003-2005. Journal of the National Medical Association. 2008;100:1-9.
- Lutfiyya MN, Shah KK, Johnson M, Bales RW, Cha I, McGrath C, Spera L and Lipsky MS. Adolescent tobacco use: Is rural residency a risk factor? Rural and Remote Health Journal. 8:875. (Online), 2008
- Chang LF, Lutfiyya Mn, Cha I, El-Khabiry E. Results of chart reviews conducted to evaluate primary care patients seen by second and third year family medicine residents for potential adverse polypharmacy. Pharmacy Practice. 2007;5(2):85-88
- Cha I. Medication Therapy Management: A Little-Known Benefit of Medicare Part D. Illinois Primary Health Care Association (IPHCA) Health Source, Volume 9, Number 8 (August & September 2006).
- Cha I. Strategies for Reducing Polypharmacy. Illinois Foundation For Quality Health Care. Nursing Home Update: Tips, Trends, and Training for Physicians. Vol. 2 No. 2, Fall 2006
- Cha I. Recognizing and Overcoming the Barriers to Patient Self-Management of Oral Medications. Home Health Station. Vol. 2, Issue 2, Spring 2006
- Cha I. Unique obstacles make the diagnosis and treatment of late-life depression a challenge. Nursing Home Update: Tips, Trends, and Training for Physicians. Vol. 1, No. 4 November 2005.