|Juliana Chan, PharmD, BCACP|
Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy and Department of Medicine
Sections of Digestive Diseases & Nutrition and
Section of Hepatology
|US Mail||833 S Wood Street, RM164 MC886, Chicago, IL 60612|
|Research Interests |
Dr. Chan received her BS in Pharmacy and PharmD from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences in 1997. She completed an ASHP-accredited pharmacy practice residency in 1998 and an advanced gastroenterology specialty residency in 1999, both from the University of Michigan. Currently, she
is a clinical pharmacist in the Illinois Department of Corrections, Hepatitis Clinic at University of Illinois at Chicago. She is also a clinical associate professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and
Department of Medicine in the Sections of Digestive Diseases & Nutrition and Section of Hepatology at University of Illinois at Chicago. Her area of interest is research in digestive and liver disease with a focus
on hepatitis, inflammatory bowel disease, and gastroesophageal reflux disease.
|2002||Mini-sabbatical, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland|
|1999||Advanced Gastroenterology and Hepatology Specialty Residency, University of Michigan, |
Ann Arbor, Michigan
|1998||Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|1997||Doctor of Pharmacy, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences,|
|1997||Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences, Boston, Massachusetts|
|1994||Pre-Pharmacy, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences, Western|
New England College, Springfield, Massachusetts
|Current UIC Appointments|
|2002 to present||Clinical Assistant Professor, Digestive and Liver Diseases, |
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy and College of Medicine
- Patel SM, Johnson S, Belknap SM, Chan J, Sha B, Bennett C. Serious adverse cutaneous and hepatic toxicities associated with nevirapine use by non-HIV infected individuals. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2004; 35(2):120-125.
- Sparreboom A, Danesi, R, Ando Y, Chan J, Figg WD. Pharmacogenomics of ABC Transporters and its Role in Cancer Chemotherapy. Drug Resist Updat 2003;6(2):71-84.
- Johnson S, Chan J, Bennett CL. Hepatotoxicity after prophylaxis with a nevirapine-containing anti-retroviral regimen. Ann Intern Med 2002;137(2):146-7.
- Chan J, O'Riordan K, Wiley TE. Amantadine's viral kinetics in chronic hepatitis C infection. Dig Dis Sci 2002;47(2):438-42.
- Wiley T, Brown J, Chan J. Natural history of hepatitis C. Hepatitis C in African Americans. Am J Gastroenterol 2002;97:700-6.