James H. Fischer
|James H. Fischer, PharmD, FCCP|
|Office||112B PHARM, MC886|
|US Mail||833 South Wood Street, RM164 MC886, Chicago, IL 60612|
|Research Interests |
Dr. Fischer's areas of interest include pharmacometrics and the clinical pharmacology of the antiepileptic drugs.
|1981||Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neurology and Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Departments of Neurology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Minnesota and St. Paul-Ramsey Medical Center, St. Paul, Minnesota.|
|1979||Doctor of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota.|
|1977||Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa.|
|Current UIC Appointments|
|2011||Executive Chair , UIC Institutional Review Boards|
|2009||Professor, Departments of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago.|
|2009||Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Department of Neurology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago|
|2007||Director, Office for Protection of Research Subjects, Office of the Vice Chancellor for |
Research, University of Illinois at Chicago.
||Assistant Head for Research, Department of Pharmacy Practice|
- Itokazu GS, Fischer JH, Manitpisitkul P, Harihan R, Danziger LH. Lack of effect of nizatidine-induced elevation of gastric pH on the oral bioavailability of dapsone in healthy volunteers. Pharmacotherapy 2002; 22(11):1416-9.
- How PP, Fischer JH, Arruda JA, Lau AH. Effects of lanthanum carbonate on the absorption and oral bioavailability of ciprofloxacin. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2007; 2(6):1235-40.
- Jeong H, Choi S, Song JW, Chen H, Fischer JH. Regulation of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 1A1 by progesterone and its impact on labetalol elimination. Xenobiotica 2008; 38:62-75.
- Chen H, Yang K, Choi S, Fischer JH, Jeong H. Up-regulation of UDP-glucuronyl transferase (UGT) 1A4 by 17β-estradiol: a potential mechanism of increased lamotrigine elimination in pregnancy. Drug Metab Dispos 2009; 37:1841-7.
- Delle Torre M, Hibbard JU, Jeong H, Fischer JH. Betamethasone in pregnancy: influence of maternal body weight and multiple gestation on pharmacokinetics. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010; 203: 254 e1-12.
- Fischer JH, Sarto GE, Habibi M, Kilpatrick SJ, Tuomala RE, Shier JM, Fischer PA, Khorana KS, Rodvold KA. Influence of body weight, ethnicity, oral contraceptives, and pregnancy on the pharmacokinetics of azithromycin in women of childbearing age. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2012; 565(2):715-724.