|John Garofalo, PharmD|
Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacy Services
Department of Pharmacy Practice
|Office||C300 UICMC MC 883|
|US Mail||1740 West Taylor Street, Room C-300 (MC 883),Chicago, Illinois 60612-7232|
|Research Interests |
Dr. Garofalo's clinical research interests include disorders related to critical care, the gastrointestinal
system and nutritional support. He is also involved with research associated with federally mandated
|1989||ASHP Accredited Clinical Pharmacy Residency- Chief Resident, University of Illinois Hospital|
|1988||Doctor of Pharmacy, High Honors, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL|
|1983||Pre-Pharmacy, Dean's List, Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, IL|
|Current UIC Appointments|
|1989 to present||Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice|
|2003 to present||Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacy Services, Medical Center|
- Co-Investigator, "Smart pump technology: an essential component of a comprehensive safe medication administration program in an academic medical center." Crystal Vasquez, John Garofalo. Poster Presentation. The 17th National Evidence-Based Practice Conference: Technological Innovations for Evidence-Based Practice. Iowa City, IA. April 2010.
- Garofalo, J., B. Braun’s Outlook 400ES. Pharmacy Purchasing & Products. 2009; 6(11):40-42.
- Chan J, Garofalo, J. Inflammatory Bowel Disease. In Smith K, Henyan N, Riche D, (eds): Handbook of Clinical Drug Data. 11th ed. Appleton & Lange, Stamford, CT; 2009.
- "Clinical Use of the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) Equation in Dosing of Antimicrobials." S Tokumaru, J Garofalo, D Zadorskaya, P Setlak, W Galanter, MJ Fischer. Poster Presentation. SCCM meeting. Honolulu, HI. January 2008.
- Co-Investigator, "Evaluation of current practice in the treatment of severe sepsis and development of practice guidelines for treatment of severe sepsis." R Yeh, J Garofalo, A Donnelly, et al. Poster Presentation. SCCM meeting. Phoenix, AZ. January 2005. Eli Lilly and Company funded $74,880.