|Cheryl Gilmartin, PharmD|
Clinical Assistant Professor
Ambulatory Care Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacy Practice
|US Mail||833 South Wood Street, RM164 MC886, Chicago, IL 60612|
|Research Interests |
Dr. Gilmartin's areas of interest include studies involving novel medications for patients with chronic kidney disease, examining practice prescribing patterns, and disease state management in chronic kidney disease.
|1995||Pharmacy Practice Residency, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois|
|1994||Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Illinois, College of Pharmacy Chicago, Illinois|
|1990||Pre-Pharmacy Curriculum, South Suburban College, South Holland, Illinois|
|1971||Liberal Arts Curriculum, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois|
|Current UIC Appointments|
|1997 to present||Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Department of Psychiatry|
- Joy MS, DeHart RM, Gilmartin C, Hachey DM, Hudson JQ, Pruchinicki M, Dumo P, Grabe DW, Saseen J, Zillich AJ. Clinical Pharmacists as Multidisciplinary Health Care Providers in the Management of CKD: A Joint Opinion by the Nephrology and Ambulatory Care Practice and Research Networks of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. AJKD 2005:45(6); 1105-1118.
- Zillich AJ, Saseen JJ, DeHart RM, Dumo P, Grabe DW, Gilmartin C, Hachey DM, Hudson JQ, Pruchnicki MC, Joy MS. Caring for Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: A Joint Opinion of the Ambulatory Care and Nephrology Practice and Research Networks of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy 2005:24(1):123-43.
- Gilmartin C, Na-Thalang K, Arruda J, Lau A. Implementing an IV Iron Maintenance Regimen Protocol in a Hemodialysis Practice. Nephrology Nursing Journal 2004:31(6):663-71.
- Priscilla How, Na-Thalang K, Gilmartin C, Lau A.. Cinacalcet: a new calcimimetic for secondary hyperparathyroidism. American College of Clinical Pharmacy Renal Practice and Research Network (PRN) newsletter, August 2004.
- Fiscella,RG, Geiser,J, Phillpotts,B, Gilmartin C, Labib S,Cwik MJ, Solomon MJ, Shapiro MJ. Intraocular Penetration of Gentamicin after Once-Daily Aminoglycoside Dosing. Retina 18:339-42, 1998.