Michael J. Koronkowski
|Michael J. Koronkowski, PharmD, CGP|
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice
|Office||316 CSB, MC886|
|US Mail||833 South Wood Street, RM164 MC886, Chicago, IL 60612|
|Research Interests |
Dr. Koronkowski's areas of interest include geriatric pharmacotherapy, adverse drug reactions, pharmacoepidemiology, and evidenced-based practice models.
|1994||Fellowship:Geriatric Drug Development, Pogram on Aging, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and Glaxo Research Institute, in cooperation with the Center|
for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Duke University Medical Center, Chapel Hill, Research Triangle Park, and Durham, North Carolina
|1994||Post-Graduate Studies (non-degree), School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Department of Epidemiology Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC|
|1992||Residency: Ambulatory Care/Geriatrics, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science, and Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA|
|1991||Pharm.D., School of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Purdue University,|
West Lafayette, IN
|1986||B.S.Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Drake University, Des Moines, IA|
|Current UIC Appointments|
|1994 to present||Clinical Assistant Professor, Section of Geriatric Pharmacy, |
Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Koronkowski MJ, Mobley-Smith M. Improving Cultural Competence Preparedness in Pharmacy Education through Community-Based Elderly Outreach Initiatives, presented at the 2006 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Interim meeting, San Antonio, TX, February 28, 2006. (roundtable discussion)
- Mobley-Smith M, Koronkowski MJ. Educating Older Adults on the Medicare Drug Benefit: A Collaboration between a College of Pharmacy and Area Agencies on Aging, presented at the American Pharmaceutical Association (APhA) 2006 Annual meeting, San Francisco, CA, March 17-21, 2006. (poster presentation)
- Mobley-Smith M, Koronkowski MJ, Petersen N. Enhancing student learning through integrating community-based geriatric educational outreach into ambulatory care advanced practice experiential training, presented at the 2003 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota, July 19-23, 2003 (poster presentation - Honorable mention, Innovations in Teaching Award).
- Mobley-Smith M, Koronkowski MJ. Educating the elderly through collaborative community outreach: A focus on the importance of safe medication use and adult immunization. To be presented at the American Pharmaceutical Association (APhA) 2003 Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, March 28-April 1, 2003. (submitted for consideration -podium presentation).
- Mobley-Smith M, Koronkowski MJ, Richardson H, Doherty C. Combining a State-Funded Community Based Geriatric Educational Outreach Program and an Ambulatory Care Clerkship Rotation as an Effective Model for Teaching, presented at the Illinois Council of Health-Systems Pharmacist (ICHP) 2002 Annual Meeting, Oak Brook Terrace, Illinois, October 17-19, 2002. ("Encore"poster presentation).