Edith A. Nutescu
|EDITH A. NUTESCU, PharmD|
|US Mail||833 South Wood Street, RM164 MC886, Chicago, IL 60612|
|Research Interests |
Dr. Nutescu's areas of interest and research include hematology, antithrombotic therapy, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease.
|1996||Certification in Anticoagulation, ASHP Research and Education Foundation, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Buffalo, New York|
|1996||Primary Care Specialty Residency - ASHP Accredited, University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois|
|1995||Pharmacy Practice Residency - ASHP Accredited, Lutheran General Hospital/Advocate Health Care, Park Ridge, Illinois|
|1994||Doctor of Pharmacy, graduated with high-honors, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois|
|1990||Pre-Pharmacy Curriculum, Wilbur Wright College, Chicago, Illinois|
|1988||Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering, Politechnical Institute of Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania|
|Current UIC Appointments|
|2004 to present||Clinical Associate Professor|
Department of Pharmacy Practice
|2000 to present||Assistant Director|
Ambulatory Care Pharmacy: Nutrition and Wellness Center
|1996 to present||Director|
|1996 to present||Clinical Pharmacist|
Ambulatory Care & Nutrition and Wellness Center
- Nutescu EA, Schumock G, Park H, Blackburn J, Lewis J, Finley J, Walton S. Factors that influence the prescribing of low-molecular-weight heparins. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 2005;in press.
- Spinler SA, Nutescu EA, Smythe MA, Wittkowsky AK. Anticoagulation Monitoring Part 1: Warfarin and Parenteral Direct Thrombin Inhibitors. Ann Pharmacother 2005;39:1049-55.
- Nutescu EA, Shapiro NL, Chevalier A, Amin AN. A pharmacologic overview of current and emerging anticoagulants. Cleve Clin J Med 2005;72(Suppl1):S2-6.
- Wittkowsky AK, Sekreta CM, Nutescu EA, Ansell J. Barriers to patient self-testing of prothrombin time: national survey of anticoagulation practitioners. Pharmacotherapy 2005;25(2):265-9.
- Haines ST, Nutescu EA. Current and emerging treatment options for venous thrombosis: a case discussion. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2005;62(6):593-605.