Marieke Dekker Schoen
|Marieke Dekker Schoen, PharmD|
Clinical Associate Professor
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Department of Pharmacy Practice
|Office||123 PHARM, MC886|
|US Mail||833 South Wood Street, RM164 MC886, Chicago, IL 60612|
|Research Interests |
Dr. Schoen's interests are cardiovascular therapeutics and issues related to Pharmacy School education.
|1988||Fellowship/Residency, Cardiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois|
|1984||PharmD, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin|
|1983||Bachelor of Science Zoology, College of Letters and Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin|
|Current UIC Appointments|
|2002 to present||Assistant Head for Academic Programs, Department of Pharmacy Practice|
|1997 to present||Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice|
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Medicine Section of Cardiology
- Schoen MD, DiDomenico R, Connor S, Dischler J, Bauman JL. The impact of the cost of prescription drugs on outcomes in indigent patients with cardiovascular diseases. Pharmacotherapy 2001;21(12):1455-1463..
- Sanoski CA, Schoen MD, Gonzalez RC, Avitall B, Bauman JB. Rationale, development, and clinical outcomes of a multidisciplinary amiodarone clinic. Pharmacotherapy 1998;18;6:146S-151S.
- DiDomenico RJ, Schoen MD. Clinical Case Study: Management of Hypertension. KeePosted 1998;23(5):6-12.
- Kong SX, Crawford SY, Gandhi SK, Seeger JD, Schumock GT, Lam NP, Stubbings J, Schoen MD. Efficacy of 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl Coenzyme A reductase inhibitors in the treatment of patients with hypercholesterolemia: A meta-analysis of clinical trials. Clinical Therapeutics 1997;19(4):778-797.
- Dischler J, Connor S, Schoen MD. The benefits on an indigent prescription service. KeePosted 1997;22(3):5-6.