Nancy L. Shapiro
|Nancy L. Shapiro, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS|
Clinical Associate Professor
Ambulatory Care Pharmacy
Department of pahramacy Practice
|Phone||Office:312-996-6866 x6#; (clinic) 312-355-0117|
|Office||320 CSB, MC886|
|US Mail||833 South Wood Street, RM164 MC886, Chicago, IL 60612|
|Research Interests |
Dr. Shapiro's areas of interest include anticoagulation, hyperlipidemia, stroke prevention, and helping patients manage their chronic disease states.
|1996||Primary Care Specialty Residency - ASHP Accredited The University of Illinois at Chicago|
|1995||Doctor of Pharmacy The University of Iowa|
|1993||Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy The University of Iowa|
|Current UIC Appointments|
|2005 to present||Coordinator for Albertson's/UIC Community Pharmacy Residency|
|1999 to present||Nutrition and Wellness Center: Antithrombosis Center and Lipid Management Services|
|1996 to present||Clinical Pharmacist and Operations Manager, Antithrombosis Clinic|
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice
Director UIC Amulatory Care Pharmacy residency
- Nutescu EA, Shapiro NL, Ibrahim S, West P. "Warfarin and its interactions with foods, herbs and other dietary supplements." Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2006;5(3):433-451.
- Nutescu, EA, Shapiro NL Chevalier A. "New Anticoagulant Agents: Direct Thrombin Inhibitors" Invited paper. Clin Geriatr Med. 2006 Feb;22(1):33-56, viii.
- Briggs AL, Jackson TR, Bruce S, Shapiro, NL. The development and performance validation of a tool to assess patient anticoagulation knowledge" Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 2005;1:40-59.
- Nutescu EA, Shapiro NL, Chevalier A, Amin AN. A Pharmacologic Overview of Current and Emerging Anticoagulants. Cleve Clin J Med. 2005 Apr;72 Suppl 1:S2-6.
- Eckhoff CD, DiDomenico RJ, Shapiro NL. "Initiating Warfarin Therapy: 5 mg versus 10 mg" Ann Pharmacother 2004;38:2115-2121.