Procedures for Classroom Access, Reservations, and Audiovisual Needs
- All classroom space in the College of Pharmacy must be reserved through the Office of Academic Affairs. To reserve classroom space, please fill out a “CLASSROOM Reservation Request Form” which is located on the table outside of room 184-A. You can also email room requests to Cathy Ami at email@example.com. Please allow at least 48 hours for the processing of your request.
- Confirmation of room requests will be sent to you via email. Classroom space is very tightly scheduled, so you may be asked to leave a classroom if it has not been reserved through the proper channels. There is a possibility of classroom changes due to academic rescheduling even after receiving a room confirmation. In that case, we will attempt to notify you promptly.
- The OAA computer room lab monitor (located in room 174) will be unlocking the multimedia classrooms each morning that school is in session and locking them in the evening. They are usually unlocked by 7:30 am during the academic year and are locked between 5:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. All rooms are locked over the weekend. Pharmacy graduate students, faculty, and staff can work in these rooms after hours as long as a lab monitor is working. Upon request, the lab monitor will unlock these rooms. When the lab monitor leaves, all users will have to leave so the lab monitor can lock the room. Please note that during winter, spring breaks and summer session, the classrooms are locked at all times. If you need access to a classroom during these times, please contact Cathy Ami.
- Undergraduate pharmacy students are not allowed to work in the multimedia rooms outside of normal open hours unless they receive prior approval from Debra Agard in the Office of Student Affairs. Phil Reiter will notify the lab monitors of any such approval.
- If you plan to use the audiovisual equipment in the classrooms you will need an access card for the podium (this includes the computers, data projector, and VCR). Faculty and staff who do not have an access card to the classroom podiums can contact Cathy Ami (6-3997, room 184-B) to request a card. In addition, cards can be signed out from Cathy for one time use by teaching assistants or others helping you with the course. A valid I-Card must be shown when the podium access card is signed out.
- If you will be using the podium computers, it is strongly recommended that you check your slides, etc. in the classroom before you plan to use them. If there are problems with the podium, call the Information Technology Unit personnel at the phone number listed on the phone next to the podium and they will be happy to help you but they will need time to assess your situation and solve the problem.
- If you need to access the A/V rooms to use the slide projectors (rooms 134-2, 134-3, 32, or 36), you will need to get someone in OAA to open the room for you. In room 134-1, a key is not needed to use the slide projector.
- OAA has data projectors, laptops, an overhead projector, slide projector and a digital camera for use by College of Pharmacy faculty. To reserve this equipment, please fill out an “EQUIPMENT Reservation Request Form” which is located on the table outside room 184-A. Please allow at least 48 hours for the processing of your request. It is recommended that you reserve equipment in advance as usage is busy. Equipment needs to be returned before 5:00 p.m. of the day of use or 8:30 a.m. if kept overnight.
- There is also some audiovisual equipment (TV’s, video recorders, and overhead projectors) for use by College of Pharmacy faculty. This equipment is located in room 13 in the basement of the College of Pharmacy and can be reserved by calling the east side of campus Audiovisual Department at 6-2751.