* ACCC Computer Training Hands-on Workshops, designed for students, faculty and staff. Feel free to drop in or register at http://www.accc.uic.edu/workshops.
* Lynda.com online (self-service) video tutorials are available to everyone at UIC. To access them, visit http://go.uic.edu/lynda. Click on the "Login to Lynda.com" button on the top left and then log in with your UIC net ID and Password.
The UIC landing page and Website of Lynda.com online video tutorials has been significantly improved and will be swirched over next week, most likely, at 12 pm Monday, February 7th.
The new Website features improved navigation and significantly more intelligent searching capabilities within Lynda.com to make it a lot easier/quicker to find exactly what are we looking for.
enhancements include better navigation menus (by subject, by software, by
company, by author) with subsequent search filtering. All close-captioned
tutorials have a Transcript tab with the whole transcript of the course (which
can also be searched) and all tutorials include the exercise files used in each
course. For a quick tutorial outlining the new/upcoming Lynda.com
look-and-feel, please see: http://www.lynda.com/home/VideoPlayer.aspx?lpk4=74
Lynda.com are well-regarded professional-quality self-service online tutorials we license for everyone at UIC. Jump in and learn away at http://go.UIC.edu/lynda ...and tell your students.
Below are some sample titles:
- Computer Literacy for Windows or Mac users
- Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 Power Shortcuts
- Google Apps: Essential Google Docs
- Google Apps: Gmail Essential Training
- Google YouTube, Blogger, Picasa (now part of Google Apps)
- Windows 7 Essential Training
- Tips & Tricks for iPhone and iPad
- Microsoft OneNote 2010 Essential Training
- Excel 2007 and Excel 2010: Managing Multiple Worksheets & Workbooks
- Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 Power Shortcuts
- Excel 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 Essential Training
- Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2011 Essential Training
- Acrobat X Essential Training
- Web Accessibility Principles
- Managing Spam
* Free Endnote Training for COP Faculty/Staff/Students who are using or planning to use Endnote. For details click here
* A quick tutorial outlining the new/upcoming Lynda.com look and feel please see http://www.lynda.com/home/VideoPlayer.aspx?lpk4=74