MAC Wireless Connection (How-to)
For assistance with configuring your iPhone or iPod Touch to use UIC-Wireless, please visit the ACCCeSS helpdesk.
Note: iPhone firmware 2.0 or later is required to connect to UIC-Wireless. We recommend updating to
version 2.1 or higher, as further releases contain many bug fixes.
Note: Please be aware that iPod Touch devices will not be able to be configured to connect to UIC-Wireless while on campus, as they are not able to have an internet connection through the cellular network, as iPhones are. Therefore, you will need to follow the steps below while you are off-campus and connected to another wireless network.
On your iPhone or iPod Touch, open Safari and browse to this page: accc.uic.edu/iphone and click this UIC configuration profile link. You will be prompted to install the configuration profile :
- Tape the Install button. the profile is unsigned, but it is from the ACCC.
- Enter your UIC netid as your username (example: dvader).
- Enter your ACCC common password as the password.
- Tap Done. Once the profile is installed, press the Home button and then tap the Settings icon.
- For best results, we recommend setting Wi-Fi to Off, and then back to On.
- Select UIC-Wireless from the list of wireless networks. You should not be prompted to enter your password at this point.
- When connected, you should see a Wi-Fi icon on the top, beside the AT&T status.
*This page can be found at the ACCC web site: ACCC Services and the iPhone.