Locker Usage - Guidelines and Policies
Use of the College of Pharmacy lockers is a privilege. Any student wishing to use a locker during the academic year is assigned a locker by the Office of Student Affairs. It is recommended that students not bring valuables into the College of Pharmacy. The University of Illinois at Chicago and the College of Pharmacy cannot be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property. Lockers are to be used at a student’s own risk. By signing the Student Locker Agreement Form, students agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth by the Office of Student Affairs that are outlined below.
- All lockers within College of Pharmacy are the property of the College of Pharmacy and the University of Illinois at Chicago and are subject to applicable University and College policies. The College of Pharmacy reserves the right to alter the policies governing the use of lockers with appropriate notice.
- Use of a locker by a person other than to whom it is issued is forbidden. Misuse of a locker may lead to termination of locker privileges.
- Each student may have only one locker. P4 students may request the use of a locker when on UIC rotations.
- Only college-provided combination locks may be used on College lockers.
- The Office of Student Affairs reserves the right to open a locker with or without the consent of the student to whom the locker is registered in instances where locker procedures are being abused or in the case of an emergency situation.
- Flammable materials, dangerous chemicals, explosives or weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited inside the lockers.
- Illegal or controlled substances such as drugs or alcohol are also strictly prohibited.
- No perishable items are to be stored in lockers.
- Students are not permitted to affix anything to the interior or exterior of their lockers.
- Upon assignment and during use, students are held responsible to report any damage or needed repairs to the Office of Student Affairs.
- All personal items must be stored completely within a locker. All items left outside of a locker, whether secured or not, will be removed and disposed of accordingly.
- All lockers not cleaned out by the date indicated will be vacated and contents destroyed.
- The College of Pharmacy is not responsible for lost or missing items, either before or after clearance of a locker.
This Student Locker Agreement is effective for the following dates.
Monday, August 26, 2013
Friday, May 9, 2014
Lockers must be cleaned out and vacated prior to Monday, May 12, 2014. If lockers are not vacated by this date, students will be fined $5/day until the lockers have been vacated.