The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) is a unit within the College of Pharmacy devoted to student services in prepharmacy and the professional program. The college office provides leadership in the development and provision of student services. This includes activities intended for developing professional attitudes and values and to otherwise foster the professionalization of students. The office oversees, coordinates and administers multifaceted activities and services that include, but are not limited to recruitment programs, administration of admissions and academic progress, maintenance of records, organization of academic advising and career pathway counseling, verification of completion of degree requirements, and linkage with university-wide student services.
OSA personnel anticipate and respond to needs, opportunities, and concerns by:
- broadening student perspectives through collaborative programs and international experience,
- communicating and coordinating activities with other departments and colleges in the university system,
- helping students develop personally and professionally,
- encouraging students to participate in community service and volunteerism,
- facilitating network opportunities between students and alumni,
- overseeing and effectively managing student records,
- promoting pharmacy as a health care profession,
- student advocacy,
- supporting a diverse student body,
- verifying the certification of successful completion of the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
In our interactions, OSA is committed to:
- consistency and continuity in administering policies and procedures,
- operating within the missions of the college, university, and profession,
- promoting caring behaviors,
- respecting the rights and confidentiality of individuals,
- student development.