What is a Pharmacist?
Pharmacists are recognized as the most readily available health care professionals. They are drug therapy experts who provide comprehensive, coordinated management of their patients; medications.
Pharmacists are important member of the health care team. They work with other health professionals to care for their patients.
- plans and implements effective drug therapy
- monitors and evaluates drug therapy for improved outcomes
- evaluates clinical literature
- selects the appropriate dosage form
- calculates dose and determine dosing schedules
- prepares Medications
- educates and counsels patients
- offers preventative health care services
- coordinates patients; care with other health care providers