ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS | HOW TO APPLY
COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER GUIDES | INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
FREE TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION
An individual who does not have U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status in the U.S. is considered by UIC to be an international student. International student are considered to be any student who does not have U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status in the U.S. In addition to the requirements listed on the Admission Requirements page of this Web site, international applicants for the RN to BSN online degree completion program must also submit:
- A Full Education Course-by-Course Report Evaluation of Foreign Credentials from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS), 3600 Market St., Suite 400, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2651, (215) 222-8454, www.cgfns.org or e-mail at email@example.com.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language )Scores
- The minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper version and 213 for the computer version or a minimum total score of 80, with subscores of Writing (21), Speaking (20), Listening (17), and Reading (19) for the new TOEFL exam.
- TOEFL Exemptions
- Students who have completed at least two academic years of full-time study in a country where English is the native language and in a school where English is the language of instruction within five years of the proposed date of enrollment in the University.
- Non-native English speakers who have a minimum of one year full-time employment in the U.S. or other country where the only official language of the country is English. Applicants must submit a letter from their employer verifying at least 12 consecutive months of employment and describing their English language skills.
Note: Because this degree is completely online and does not require physical residency in the Chicago area, the RN to BSN program does NOT qualify students for an F-1 visa.