ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS | HOW TO APPLY
COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER GUIDES | INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
FREE TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION
Prospective applicants are required to submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN Online Degree Completion Program:
- Completed UIC Application and $50 Fee (non-refundable).
- Fee must be paid at the time of application via credit card only.
MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express are accepted.
- Official transcripts from all prior colleges and universities attended, including prior attendance at any campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Overall transferrable GPA of 2.75, as well as a natural science transferrable GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- TOEFL Scores (international students)
- Current RN license issued in the U.S. (must be obtained prior to enrolling in the program)
Transcripts are considered official if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The issuing institution sends the transcripts directly to University of Illinois at Chicago Online, 1333 South Halsted, Suite 205, Chicago, IL, 60607-5019; or
- The transcripts are certified as true copies by an official of the educational institution, an embassy official or an appropriate government official; or
- The transcripts sent by the issuing institution are received by UIC in a sealed, unopened envelope.
Applications are accepted at any time during the year. Cohorts for the RN to BSN online degree completion program start in January and August of each year.
IMPORTANT: We recommend that your application and all required materials be received at least three weeks prior to the intended start of the program. View the RN to BSN Online Degree Completion Program Academic Calendar.
Most students who apply to the RN to BSN online degree completion program have already satisfied some or all of the needed prerequisites as part of their Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) or with other college-level coursework they have taken. On average, most of our students only need to take four to six courses beyond their ADN and/or RN licensure in order to complete the prerequisites and apply for our program. UIC offers provisional admission to qualified students which guarantees them a spot in a future cohort once the prerequisites and any other admission requirements are satisfied.
The RN to BSN online program is a bachelor's degree completion program. Students must complete the education requirements listed below prior to enrollment in the program.
The University of Illinois at Chicago has partnered with Parkland College in Champaign, Illinois, to offer the prerequisites listed below as online courses for students interested in working toward the admission requirements for the RN to BSN online degree completion program. Students may also complete these prerequisites at their local community colleges.
NOTE: The online course offering at Parkland College does not apply to the upper division science, social science or humanities course requirement.
Students must complete the following requirements (57 transferable credit hours) prior to enrollment in the RN to BSN online degree completion program:
In addition to the courses listed above, you must complete an upper division liberal arts course prior to finishing the BSN degree completion program in order to graduate. This course is not required for admission to the program as it can be taken while you are enrolled at the University of Illinois at Chicago. However, if it is taken prior to enrollment, the credit hours will count toward the 57 liberal arts and sciences credit hour requirement. The upper division course is a 3-credit-hour 300/400 level course (typically a junior or senior level college course) that must be completed at a four-year college/university.
Ready to apply? View the How to Apply page.