Scholarships and Donations
The course organizers are making efforts to obtain funds for scholarships to this Global Program in Occupational Health Practice. Depending on the availability of funds, the following criteria apply for scholarship awards:
Eligible are participants who are working with or in not-for-profit organizations such as non-governmental organizations (NGOs), trade unions or not-for-profit institutions such as governments, international inter-governmental organizations. Persons who work at for-profit institutions such as commercial occupational health services or companies are not eligible for scholarships.
Scholarships will be awarded using the following criteria:
- is an active participant in an organization or network and can act as a multiplier with the knowledge and skills gained in the course
- is working in a non-governmental institution rather than in a governmental institution
- has explained in a letter of application
- his/her work, employments and financial needs
- his/her role and activities in a network/organization
- the reasons why and how this program will enhance her/his impact in the organization/network and
- her/his plans to use the acquired skills and how they will have an impact beyond the person or even organization in her/his country.
Applying for a scholarship is done through program registration.
Decision on scholarships awards will be made approximately one month before the start of the course and all applicants will be informed at that time. All scholarships depend on the availability of funds. Please note that scholarships usually do NOT include the cost of books and shipping of books or material. These costs have to be carried by the awardees.
For the Program 2012/2013 we have only a limited number of partial or full scholarships available. Please apply early! Deadline for scholarship applications is the end of May of each year.
We will post more information on available scholarships on this site regularly.
If you, your institution or company are interested in giving
a donation or supporting the installment of a scholarship, please
contact us at Lduran5@uic.edu or visit Give
Click for more details and our request for scholarship funding.