Bicycling is ideally suited to Chicago’s flat terrain. It's a quiet, affordable, fun and healthy way to get around the city or campus. With nearly 120 miles of on-street bike lanes, commuting to UIC by bike has never been easier. Ride on!
Benefits of Biking
The Benefits of Biking Are:
- It is sustainable! It reduces pollution and congestion in the city.
- It is fast! No more waiting for CTA or sitting in traffic.
- Biking is inexpensive - there's no gas, parking, or insurance to purchase!
- It keeps you in shape! Get your workout & burn calories while you commute.
- It improves memory! There are so many articles like this one and this one descibing the neuronal benefits of cycling and aeorbic exercise!
- It is FUN!
UIC Community of Riders