Congratulations for considering riding your bike to UIC. We put this website together to cover some of the basic questions about bicycle commuting, but we will continue to update the page with new information, so check back often! If you don’t find the information you need, we are here to help. Send us an email to give us feedback or suggestions. We want to hear from you!
Bicycling is ideally suited to Chicago’s flat terrain. It's a quiet, affordable, fun and healthy way to get around the city or campus. With nearly 120 miles of on-street bike lanes, commuting to UIC by bike has never been easier. Ride on!
The green benefits make bicycling an easy choice. Bicycling:
- is a sustainable method of transportation.
- reduces congestion and pollution.
- beats sitting in traffic or waiting for the bus.
- is inexpesive - there's no gas, parking, or insurance to purchase!
- is a wonderful way to lose/maintain a healthy weight.
- is fun!
UIC Community of Riders