There are a number of ways that Students, Faculty and Staff can get involved in UIC's campus sustainability initiatives.
- Attend a Sustainability Event
- The Office of Sustainability's Events Calendar lists events and seminars taking place on campus and throughout Chicago that will help you become a better informed community member. These events may be sponsored by the Office of Sustainability, a UIC department or office, or a non-UIC entity. You can return to our Events page regularly to find out what's going on, or you can subscribe to our calendar.
- Take a Class
- During the 2008-2009 school year, we will begin maintaining a list of courses offered at UIC that related to sustainability. To learn more about what departments offer such courses, see our Academics & Research pages for more information. If you're interested in finding out what courses may be offered in your major, ask your advisor or department head.
- Read Our Blog
- During the year we will continue to post articles that relate UIC's sustainability initiatives, as well as interesting articles and ideas found around the blogosphere.
Participate in UIC's Sustainable Future
- Attend a CCSE Meeting
- The Chancellor's Committee on Sustainability & Energy Subcommittees meet regularly throughout the semester. Check our Events Calendar to see when they are. If you'd like to be a permanent member of a CCSE Subcommittee, contact us.
- Become an EcoRep
- The Office of Sustainability is building a network of faculty, staff, and students throughout the campus to spread information about UIC's sustainability initiatives and report back to the Office of Sustainability to better serve the University. We call these representatives EcoReps. The first phase of the project, currently underway, is recruiting faculty and staff from key departments around campus. Next semester, we hope to expand the network to include students living in residence halls. If you are interested in being an EcoRep, contact us.
- Conduct a Project
- We've begun collecting a list of potential projects that could help support UIC's sustainability initiatives. Students and Faculty can use these projects to enhance learning, and work with key staff members on campus to turn class projects into a reality. View the list in the Academics & Research section.